Corn bread pudding

I love cornbread but my made-from-scratch ones doesn't always comes up to snuff.  One day, my coworker made a corn casserole for a get together at work and I thought it was delicious.  He told me he saw it on a Food Network show but didn't recall which one. It didn't take me long to pry the basic ingredient list out of him and from there I tweaked it a little to make it my own.  This recipe jazzes up your basic jiffy mix with real corn and sour cream, which makes it super moist.  I've used a ton of different cheeses in this "pudding", but I find a mixture of smoked Gouda and sharp cheddar gives it depth of flavor.  This has become a favorite at nearly all get together and holidays so I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.


Recipe adapted from the Food Network:

The Goods:
1 can creamed corn
1 can sweet corn (drained)
1 stick of butter (melted)
1 box of jiffy cornbread mix
1 16 oz container of sour cream
2 cups of smoked gouda or sharp cheddar cheese

The How Two:
Mix everything but a cup of cheese together, pour into a casserole dish, and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until the center is set.  Top with remaining cup of cheese and bake until melted.  Serve while hot.

This recipe is a pretty good size.  It could fill one of the 9 by 8 pans easy.  If you need more for Thanksgiving, Christmas or church functions, the recipe can easily be doubled but I suggest using smaller pans so it would cook faster.

Happy Dining!

Comments

Popular Posts