Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower

This is my go to recipe for broccoli and cauliflower.  It's great with a variety of entrees.  I typically serve it with steak, pork or chicken.  I like to think of it as a fancy broccoli and cheese.  I adapted this dish from a similar dish I saw on Food Network's Barefoot Contessa.  I never looked up the recipe or wrote any of it down so it was a trial and error on my part.  However, I think I got it down pat now.  This is an easy and delicious dish.  I hope you enjoy.




The Good:
3 broccoli bunches, sliced - remember the stalk too! Cut off the ends and use a vegetable peeler to get rid of the tough outer skin.
1 cauliflower head, sliced
3 to 4 tbl of olive oil
4 tbl of butter, melted
1/3 cup of grated parmigiana
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/3 sliced almonds (optional)


Steps:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Clean and thoroughly dry broccoli and cauliflower.  Place on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, melted butter and salt and pepper.  Roast for about 20 to 25 minutes.


Once the tips are slightly charred, it's ready.  Take it out of the oven and immediately toss with cheese and almonds.  Serve and reap with the compliments.

















Comments

Popular Posts